Here is an update of my “geneagoals 2018.”
I was pregnant from January to August. Here is what I wrote:
Here are the most important genealogy priorities framed as broader level goal so I can have a higher chance of success while I struggle through being pregnant.
- Always have enough family names to take to the temple. I think I’m good for the entire year.
100% success here.
- Write my Czech genealogy book.
Do not need to publish, certainly will not anytime soon. But continue to write.
I continued to work until April.
- Write Czech land records book with Lukáš.
I continued to regularly work on this until about April or May, I think. Then I came back around October and Lukáš dropped off around early December. We are making great progress.
- Translate Narození a smrt with Tom.
We did work intermittently on this. But the inters became more and more mittent. I have recently started to pick it up again.
- Read the books in Czech/English I picked out last year. Next is Saturnin.
Technically I did read them. I just did not read ALL of them. I am counting this as success. Saturnin is one of the best books of all time.
- Postpone the Czech Language Death Sprint.
I did this. I picked it up again in September, and really got into a groove. I am really happy with the system and plan I have going. You can read about it here but to be honest it will probably not be intuitive for you to find it on that site.
- Blog occasionally. There are a few series I’m working on. Don’t stress about it too much.
I did blog occasionally. Much less than I thought was ideal. I did stress about it. But I could have stressed a lot more.
- Keep a good relationship with all the CGSI people. Don’t be unreliable. Be happy. Respond to emails.
I think I succeeded in this. I was not as unreliable as I could have been. I was happy. I did not do a very good job of responding to emails. Hmm.
- Take occasional genealogy jobs. Do a good job.
- Go to RootsTech. Enjoy it.
I loved RootsTech 2018. I would really like to go again in 2019 but I do not really want to a. haul a breastfeeding baby around with me or b. pump and dump. However, if there is one kind of conference at which babies are particularly welcome, it would be a genealogy conference.
Stay tuned for next year’s geneagoals!