Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in America!
Here is a list of some of the genealogy-related things I’m especially thankful for this year.
- OCR technology that allows me to search newspapers instantly
- BYU’s online German script tutorial that has helped me remember that German script does have patterns that are generally predictable
- Online forums that allow me to connect with people
- Relatives who are willing and able to take DNA tests
- The technology that allows those DNA tests to help us trace those elusive branches of my family tree
- NGSQ magazine
- The Genealogical Proof Standard
- Digitization projects
- Familysearch Family Tree
- Allen Peterson, CG – thank you for encouraging me!
And most of all, my Czech ancestors. Thank you for your resilience, your fidelity, your love of music, and your love of God and family. These traits are part of my heritage, my family history, and my own personal story.
Here’s to another year of technological advances, temple work, and transcriptions of parish records!
What are you thankful for?